Personal Ingredients for Success in a New Blended Family
These six things form the ingredients for any successful blended family:
- The deep and loving personal commitment the parents have for each other.
- Both parents allowing sufficient time for the wounds of their first marriage to heal.
- Both parents being in no hurry to get married.
- Giving the children time to know each other and do things together.
- Both parents going through premarital second marriage counseling and testing.
- Both parents having a strong spiritual center and deep personal commitment to God.