Three Honest Questions to Ask About Your Relationship
Here are three honest questions to ask yourself about your relationship with your partner:
- Compatibility - How compatible are we in spiritual beliefs, intelligence, energy level, interests and activities, and values?
- Character - How would I judge my partner's character in vital qualities such as integrity, honesty, faithfulness, reliability, humility, self-control, and gentleness?
- Communication - How would I rate our communications skills in:
- Disclosure – Willingness to share about each day and about our lives
- Negotiation – Ability to reach win-win decisions
- Conflict resolution – Capacity to resolve issues and restore intimacy
From Christian Single, May 2004, p. 18